I scream. You scream. We all scream for NICE CREAM!

Here in Arkansas, it gets VERY hot during the summertime. And during the summer, what is the best treat to enjoy while out in the sun with your friends? Ice cream! Last night, I took my chance with making the vegan ice cream staple "Nice Cream" and it was incredibly successful!

Nice Cream is a dairy free alternative to traditional ice cream, which is typically made with dairy milk. This vegan friendly sweet treat is made from blending frozen fruit of your choice. The most popular option has been bananas, but I have seen other fruit combinations such as strawberry banana, chocolate banana, and so on.

The combination I chose was based on availability. I am in the process of moving, so I am getting rid of most things in my home, food included. I used bananas, mango, dark chocolate candy and coconut milk. Here is an itemized list of the ingredients:

2 Bananas - $0.35
1/2 Mango - $0.50
Dark Chocolate Candy - <$0.20
Coconut Milk - <$1.00 

This recipe takes no time at all. You can chop your bananas and freeze them the day before, or blend them and freeze the mixture. I went with the second method, blend then freeze. The texture was smooth, it was very thick in consistency but all in I give it an 8/10!!!


RECIPE:

2 Bananas
1/2 Mango
1 Dark Chocolate Square (from chocolate bar)
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup coconut milk (depends on thickness)

Option A: Blend mango, coconut milk and bananas, top with chopped dark chocolate candy, freeze

Option B: Freeze fruit, then blend with coconut milk, pour in loaf pan, top with candy, serve and enjoy


As I stated beforehand, I went with option A and I fell in love ❤. Soon, I will try option B and see if there any consistency and texture differences. With this simple recipe, you can beat the heat guilt-free and on a budget!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts